- Ride-hailing was hit hard by COVID-19. Grab’s Russell Cohen on how the company adapted. September 18, 2020Ride-hailing services around the world have been hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic, and Grab was no exception. The company is one of the most highly-valued tech startups in Southeast Asia, where it operates in eight countries. Its transport business suffered a sharp decline in March and April, as movement restriction orders were implemented. But […]Catherine Shu
- Apple will launch its online store in India on September 23 September 18, 2020Apple will launch its online store in India on September 23, bringing a range of services for the first to customers in the world’s second largest smartphone market in over 20 years since it began operating in the country. The company, which currently relies on third-party online and offline retailers to sell its products in […]Manish Singh
- TikTok’s Chinese rival Kuaishou becomes a popular online bazaar September 18, 2020In China, short video apps aren’t just for mindless time killing. These services are becoming online bazaars where users can examine products, see how they are grown and made, and ask sellers questions during live sessions. Kuaishou, the main rival of TikTok’s Chinese version (Douyin), announced that it accumulated 500 million e-commerce orders in August, […]Rita Liao
- Benchmark’s Peter Fenton: ’10 to 20 years of innovation just got pulled forward’ September 17, 2020Earlier today at TechCrunch Disrupt, venture capitalist Peter Fenton joined us to talk about a variety of issues. Among them, we discussed how he’s putting his stamp on Benchmark now that, 15 years after joining the storied firm, he’s its most senior member. Fenton said that he’s mostly focused on ensuring that the firm doesn’t […]Connie Loizos
- Meet the five startup Battlefield finalists at Disrupt 2020 September 17, 2020TechCrunch hosted an unusual Startup Battlefield this week — the founders, judges, audience and moderator (me) were all in different locations, doing our best to interact over WebEx. But the 20 startups still demonstrated their products and explained their visions, then were grilled by expert judges. And those judges helped the TechCrunch team select our […]Anthony Ha
- Schools are closing their doors, but Opendoor isn’t September 17, 2020Hello and welcome back to Equity, TechCrunch’s venture capital-focused podcast (now on Twitter!), where we unpack the numbers behind the headlines. This week Natasha Mascarenhas, Danny Crichton and myself hosted a live taping at Disrupt for a digital reception. It was good fun, though of course we’re looking forward to bringing the live show back to the conference […]Alex Wilhelm
- Daily Crunch: Twitter tightens security ahead of election September 17, 2020Twitter takes preemptive steps to avoid election-related hacks, we check out the new Apple Watches and Facebook launches new business tools. This is your Daily Crunch for September 17, 2020. The big story: Twitter tightens security ahead of election Twitter said today that “high-profile, election-related” accounts in the United States will be receiving notifications telling […]Anthony Ha
- Boston Dynamics delivers plan for logistics robots as early as next year September 17, 2020Boston Dynamics is just months away from announcing their approach to logistics, the first real vertical it aims to enter, after proving their ability to build robots at scale with the quadrupedal Spot. The company’s new CEO, Robert Playter, sees the company coming into its own after decades of experimentation. Playter, interviewed on the virtual […]Devin Coldewey
- How to migrate data, apps, and settings to Apple's iPad 8th gen or new iPad Air September 18, 2020Apple's September 2020 event introduced two new iPad models: The 8th generation iPad and the iPad Air 4. Learn how to migrate your data, apps, and settings to one of the new Apple tablets.
- Vacation hoarding could become a problem at your organization: Here's how to avoid it September 17, 2020Employees are avoiding taking vacation during the pandemic. As leaders we need to address the behaviors behind this phenomenon to avoid burnout and an end-of-year rush.
- How to easily deploy LAN-accessible pods to a Kubernetes cluster September 17, 2020If deploying a LAN-accessible pod to a Kubernetes cluster has you pulling out your hair, let Jack Wallen show you how easy it actually is.
- How to use the Apple Pencil features of iPadOS 14 September 17, 2020iPadOS 14 features all-new Apple Pencil support that will let you write and draw across the OS to interact with text fields, and in the Notes app.
- Howard University's computer science program wins diversity award September 17, 2020The award from the Center for Minorities and People with Disabilities in IT celebrates retention of underrepresented groups in undergraduate computer science programs.
- Deepin 20 is still the most beautiful Linux desktop on the market September 17, 2020Deepin 20 is out and Jack Wallen believes it could be the Linux distribution the masses have been waiting for.
- Apple Watch Series 6: A cheat sheet September 17, 2020Apple's Watch Series 6 comes with blood-oxygen monitoring, a faster processor than the Series 5, and many other features. Get the specs, pricing, and more details about Apple's latest smartwatch.
- CISOs top traits revealed in report: Improvement needed September 17, 2020A new Gartner report found only 12% of chief information security officers (CISOs) met the criteria for being considered highly effective.
- Most employees are completely happy to never return to the office, survey finds September 17, 2020Remote workers are happy at home, but many still feel pressured to work longer hours over management fears of lost productivity. Here's how organizations can change to suit the new normal.
- Apple Watch Series 6 vs. Watch Series 3 and Watch SE: How do they compare? September 17, 2020With all three watches available from Apple and other retailers, the trick is to balance the features you want against the price you're able to pay.
- Review: Vissles 15.6-inch portable touchscreen monitor September 17, 2020The sleek touchscreen touts an impressive build and multifunctionality, but there are some compatibility issues to consider before going all-in.
- How to create a rule to silence your Google Pixel phone based on Wi-Fi or location September 17, 2020Do you find yourself forgetting to silence your Pixel phone when you arrive at work or other important locations? Jack Wallen shows you how easy this is with Android 10 or 11.
- IBM launches autonomous ship with a trans-Atlantic crossing scheduled in 2021 September 17, 2020The research vessel pushed off from Plymouth, England; a nod to the 400th anniversary of the Mayflower's historic trip.
- IBM and Cambridge Quantum Computing announce random number generator service September 17, 2020This cloud-based quantum computing service includes verification and is now available to members of the IBM Q Network.
- The COVID-19 effect on career development: Forward, backward, or stalled? September 17, 2020Doodle reports 36% polled said their career is progressing forward during the pandemic, but 5% more describe it as stalled amid job uncertainty. Could better mentorship be the balm?
- Flipkart Big Saving Days Sale 2020 Kicks Off: Best Offers on Mobile Phones, Laptops, and Other Electronics Deals September 18, 2020Flipkart Big Saving Days 2020 sale is now live. The three-day sale offers discounts and bundled offers on mobile phones, laptops, TVs, audio gear, and more. We've picked the best deals and offers you can grab on Flipkart's sale today.
- Twitter Will Make Key US Political Accounts Adopt Tighter Account Security September 18, 2020Twitter, which was recently targeted in a hacking campaign that compromised the accounts of prominent political figures and celebrities, said on Thursday it was implementing more security measures for certain election-related accounts in the United States.
- Sony WH-1000XM4 Wireless Active Noise Cancelling Headphones Review September 18, 2020The much-anticipated Sony WH-1000XM4 is priced at Rs. 29,990 and promises to be better than the WH-1000XM3 it replaces. Is this the best wireless noise cancelling headset you can buy today? Find out in our review.
- Sony WH-1000XM4 Wireless Active Noise Cancelling Headphones Launched in India, Priced at Rs. 29,990 September 18, 2020A little over a month after the global launch, Sony has unveiled the WH-1000XM4 headphones in India, priced at Rs. 29,990. The premium wireless noise cancelling headphones go on sale on Amazon starting September 18.
- TikTok US Deal: As Deadline Looms, Scramble Ensues on Structure September 18, 2020Amid a looming deadline set by President Donald Trump, negotiators scrambled to find a new ownership structure for the popular video app TikTok that would pass muster in both the United States and China.
- OnePlus Buds Z May Launch as Affordable TWS Earphones Alongside OnePlus 8T September 18, 2020OnePlus Buds Z will reportedly be the affordable variant of the OnePlus Buds true wireless stereo (TWS) earphones. Without giving any details, a known tipster has shared a cryptic message on Twitter that apparently tips the name of the alleged unannounced earphones.
- Facebook Spying on Instagram Users Through Cameras, Lawsuit Alleges September 18, 2020Facebook is again being sued for allegedly spying on Instagram users, this time through the unauthorised use of their mobile phone cameras.
- Microsoft Surface Pro X to Get SQ2 Chip Upgrade, Platinum Colour Option: Report September 18, 2020Microsoft Surface Pro X is reportedly getting a refresh with an upgraded Microsoft SQ2 processor, a new platinum colour option, and new Type Cover colours. It is expected to launch in October this year.
- Facebook Moves to Curb Clashes on Its Internal Employee Message Board September 18, 2020Facebook on Thursday said it is updating workplace policy to prevent clashes over politics, racial justice or the pandemic on its internal employee message board.
- Acer Predator Helios 300, Predator Triton 300 Refreshed With 10th Gen Intel Processors in India September 18, 2020Acer Predator Helios 300 and Acer Predator Triton 300 laptop models have been refreshed with a range of 10th Gen Intel Core processors in India. The laptop models can be equipped with up to Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Max-Q graphics and up to 240Hz refresh rate displays.
- She-Hulk: Tatiana Maslany Cast in the Lead for Disney+ Hotstar Series September 18, 2020Tatiana Maslany will play She-Hulk in the eponymous Disney+ Marvel series, with the original Hulk Mark Ruffalo and *She-Hulk* director Kat Coiro confirming reports.
- LG Q31 With MediaTek Helio P22 SoC, Dual Rear Cameras Launched: Price, Specifications September 18, 2020LG Q31 is priced at KRW 2,09,000 (roughly Rs. 13,200) for the 3GB + 32GB storage model. The phone will go on sale in South Korea from September 25. It comes with dual rear cameras and a 3,000mAh battery.
Galaxy S20 Ultra
Best 10 Health Fitness Bands 2020 If your 2020 goal is to get fit, a fitness bands will help you achieve your objective. After reviewing more than 100 fitness bands, there’s only one tracker for the budget and needs of everyone. Some are purely fitness bands, while others synchronize with