- Daily Crunch: Trying on Apple’s watchOS 7 August 10, 2020The public beta of watchOS 7 is here, Amazon may be looking to turn malls into distribution centers and Skillshare raises $66 million. This is your Daily Crunch for August 10, 2020. The big story: Trying on Apple’s watchOS 7 Brian Heater walks us through all the changes coming in watchOS 7. It sounds like […]Anthony Ha
- Y Combinator President Geoff Ralston shares actionable advice for startup founders August 10, 2020Running a startup accelerator comes with a number of occupational hazards, but “skepticism is the easiest thing to fall into when you’ve seen too many companies,” said Y Combinator President Geoff Ralston, “and it’s the thing you have to avoid the most.” Ralston joined me last week for an hour-long Extra Crunch Live interview where […]Greg Kumparak
- Shares of Uber, Lyft drift lower after California judge says that contract drivers are employees August 10, 2020Shares of Uber and Lyft dipped modestly after a California judge granted a preliminary injunction that TechCrunch reports could force the two American ride-hailing companies to reclassify drivers as employees in the state. Uber’s stock is off about 1.3% following the cessation of normal trading hours after dipping around 2% in regular trading. Lyft’s stock […]Alex Wilhelm
- Reddit CEO defends allowing Trump ads ahead of presidential election August 10, 2020Reddit is gearing up to run ads for President Donald Trump ahead of the 2020 presidential election despite concerns from employees, TechCrunch has learned. Reddit CEO Steve Huffman addressed some of these employee concerns during an all-hands meeting last week, viewed by TechCrunch. “I know for many of you, [Trump] is simply a symbol of […]Megan Rose Dickey
- CA judge grants preliminary injunction forcing Uber and Lyft to reclassify drivers as employees August 10, 2020California Superior Court Judge Ethan Schulman has granted a preliminary injunction forcing Uber and Lyft to reclassify its drivers as employees. This order is set to go into effect in 10 days. “The Court is under no illusion that implementation of its injunction will be costly,” Judge Schulman wrote in the order. “There can be […]Megan Rose Dickey
- SpaceX reveals plans for a Texas spaceport resort in new job ad August 10, 2020SpaceX has big plans for its Boca Chica, Texas site – where it’s currently building and testing Starship, the company’s next-generation passenger and cargo spacecraft. A new job posting spotted by CNBC’s Micheal Sheetz seeks a “Resort Development Manager” to be based out of Brownsville, the nearest neighboring town to the small Boca Chica area […]Darrell Etherington
- DoubleVerify says ad fraudsters are using public domain content to create fake TV apps August 10, 2020The team at DoubleVerify, a company that helps advertisers eliminate fraud and ensure brand safety, said that it’s recently identified a new tactic used by ad fraudsters seeking to make money on internet-connected TVs. Senior Vice President of Product Management Roy Rosenfeld said that it’s harder for those fraudsters to create a legitimate-looking TV app […]Anthony Ha
- Trump administration announces major midband spectrum auction for 5G August 10, 20205G is increasingly coming into focus as a set of technologies that has the potential to dramatically expand the quality, bandwidth and range of wireless connectivity. One of the major blocks to actually rolling out these technologies though is simply spectrum: there just isn’t enough of it available for private use. 5G needs spectrum at […]Danny Crichton
- Microsoft 365: A cheat sheet August 10, 2020Microsoft 365 provides the productivity tools required by enterprises. This guide covers key details about Microsoft 365, including available Office applications, system requirements, and pricing.
- Microsoft cutting support for Office 2010 and Office 2016 for Mac August 10, 2020Microsoft will no longer provide technical support, bug fixes, or security updates for Office 2010 and Office 2016 for Mac after Oct. 13, 2020.
- Mobile business software growth has ignored deskless workers, study finds August 10, 2020Eighty percent of the modern workforce operates on the front line or in the field, and digital transformation has ignored their needs.
- Top 5 steps for good data science August 10, 2020Data science entails more than just collecting and analyzing data. Tom Merritt lists five basic data science steps.
- Google Cloud partner ecosystem is thriving and valuable to partner companies, says IDC August 10, 2020Companies basing their cloud infrastructure on Google's services can expect to see $7.54 in revenue for every $1 spent by 2025.
- This early Twitter engineer has a suggestion for your next database August 10, 2020Commentary: If Fauna's founder Evan Weaver (Employee #15 at Twitter) has his way, we'll stop talking about databases and instead build with a data API, Twitter-style.
- Jobs slowed in July, yet net IT employment is up August 10, 2020Even though US tech sector postings scaled back in July, information technology roles have grown by more than 203,000 positions since the COVID-19 outbreak, according to a new report.
- How phishing attacks have exploited the US Small Business Administration August 10, 2020Such attacks have tried to capitalize on the loans provided by the SBA in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.
- How has COVID-19 impacted your company's digital transformation? August 10, 2020Take this quick, multiple choice survey and tell us about your company's digital transformation plans.
- Cybersecurity report illustrates challenges surrounding public cloud adoption August 10, 2020Public cloud services are expected to see growth in the coming months, however, these solutions come with a set of staffing challenges and budgetary considerations, according to a Check Point survey.
- How to grant LibreOffice file open permission on Chrome OS August 10, 2020LibreOffice is a great addition to your Chromebook, but out of the box, you won't be able to open any files. Jack Wallen shows you how to fix this problem.
- 3 ways to help your team stay connected while WFH August 10, 2020Keeping your team engaged and interested while remote can be a challenge. Here are three ideas for remote team building that you can quickly and easily try.
- Cloud computing: AWS still dominates IaaS but Microsoft and Google growing faster August 10, 2020Amazon netted a 45% slice of the worldwide public cloud services market in 2019, which grew to $44.5bn.
- Zergo Freedom review: An impressive ergonomic and programmable keyboard August 7, 2020Find out if Jack Wallen likes the Zergo Freedom ergonomic keyboard even more than the Ultimate Hacking Keyboard.
- The secret to becoming an open source project lead August 7, 2020Commentary: For developers who want to become leaders in their chosen open source communities, the process is easier (and more difficult) than you might think.
- Realme Smart TV Now Available via 1,250 Offline Stores Across India August 10, 2020Realme Smart TV, in both 32-inch and 43-inch variants, will now be available for purchase in India through offline stores. The brand’s new move comes months after selling its smart TV specifically via online channels — Flipkart and Realme.com.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Mystic Blue Variant Introduced in India: Price, Specifications August 10, 2020Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Mystic Blue colour option is official in India. The South Korean tech giant on Monday announced the release of Mystic Blue colour option in the country that will join the already announced Mystic Bronze and Mystic Green colours.
- Airtel Offering 1GB High-Speed Data, Voice Calling Benefits as a Free Trial to Inactive Users: Report August 10, 2020Airtel seems to have started offering 1GB high-speed data as well as incoming and outgoing calls on a free three-day trial to its prepaid users who haven’t recharged their accounts. The new development is a follow-up of an earlier update under which Airtel was offering 1GB high-speed data allocation to users on recharge of low-value […]
- Redmi Note 8 Pro Coral Orange Variant Unveiled as New Special Edition Phone August 10, 2020Redmi Note 8 Pro has got a new Coral Orange colour variant nearly a year after its launch. This variant was being teased by the company as a new special edition about to join the lineup and now, Xiaomi has made it official for the international consumers on Twitter.
- iPhone Shipments Could Decline up to 30 percent if WeChat Removed from Apple App Store Worldwide: Ming-Chi Kuo August 10, 2020Apple’s annual iPhone shipments could decline by 25-30 percent if it is made to remove WeChat from its global App Stores, as per research analyst Ming-Chi Kuo. The US recently banned US transactions with Tencent, which owns WeChat.
- WhatsApp to Enable Syncing of Chat History Across Platforms: Report August 10, 2020WhatsApp is working to enable syncing of chat history across platforms, according to a report. The new change would particularly be in line with multiple device support that is speculated to debut as a Linked Devices feature.
- Microsoft’s TikTok Carveout Faces Complex Technical Challenges Amidst Trump Ban August 10, 2020Microsoft’s bid to carve out parts of TikTok from its Chinese owner ByteDance will be a technically complex endeavour, that could test the patience of US President Donald Trump's administration, according to sources familiar with the setup.
- Swiggy Instamart Quick Grocery Delivery Service Launched in Gurugram August 10, 2020Swiggy said it has launched a quick delivery service, Instamart, in Gurugram to deliver groceries within 45 minutes. Partnering with virtual stores, Swiggy will make over 2,500 items available in the category.
- Lypertek Tevi True Wireless Earphones Review August 10, 2020A little-known brand called Lypertek is making waves in the audiophile community, thanks to the Tevi true wireless earphones. Are these Rs. 6,999 earphones with aptX support the best you can buy for the price? Find out in our review.
- OnePlus Nord Starts Receiving OxygenOS 10.5.4 Update With Selfie and Macro Camera Improvements, Other Fixes August 10, 2020OnePlus Nord has got OxygenOS 10.5.4 update that improves low-light selfies and macro camera photos. It also fixes some issues that OnePlus Nord users were facing.
- TikTok Parent ByteDance Takes Step Toward Entering Stock Brokerage, Wealth Management in Hong Kong August 10, 2020ByteDance, the owner of short-form video sharing app TikTok, is taking steps to move into the online stock brokerage and wealth management business in Hong Kong, trademark registration documents show.
- Lava Z61 Pro, Lava A5, Lava A9 ProudlyIndian Editions Launched Ahead of Independence Day: Price, Specifications August 10, 2020Lava Z61 Pro, Lava A5, and Lava A9 have got limited special edition variants in India to celebrate the country’s 74th Independence Day. They include a Champagne Gold variant of the Lava Z61 Pro with #ProudlyIndian logo on its back and tri-coloured back panels for the Lava A5 and the Lava A9.
Galaxy S20 Ultra
Best 10 Health Fitness Bands 2020 If your 2020 goal is to get fit, a fitness bands will help you achieve your objective. After reviewing more than 100 fitness bands, there’s only one tracker for the budget and needs of everyone. Some are purely fitness bands, while others synchronize with