- How to ‘watch’ NASA’s OSIRIS-REx snatch a sample from near-Earth asteroid Bennu October 20, 2020NASA’s OSIRIS-REx probe is about to touch down on an asteroid for a smash-and-grab mission, and you can follow its progress live — kind of. The craft is scheduled to perform its collection operation this afternoon, and we’ll know within minutes if all went according to plan. OSIRIS-REx, which stands for Origins Spectral Interpretation Resource […]Devin Coldewey
- Equity Shot: The DoJ, Google and what the suit could mean for startups October 20, 2020Hello and welcome back to Equity, TechCrunch’s venture-capital-focused podcast where we unpack the numbers behind the headlines. It’s a big day in tech because the U.S. federal government is going after Google on anti-competitive grounds. Sure, the timing appears crassly political and the case is not picking up huge plaudits thus far for its air-tightness, but […]Alex Wilhelm
- 7 investors discuss augmented reality and VR startup opportunities in 2020 October 20, 2020For all of the investors preaching that augmented reality technology will likely be the successor to the modern smartphone, today, most venture capitalists are still quite wary to back AR plays. The reasons are plentiful, but all tend to circle around the idea that it’s too early for software and too expensive to try to […]Lucas Matney
- Root targets $6B+ valuation in pending IPO, a boon for insurtech startups October 20, 2020This morning Root Insurance, a neoinsurance provider that has attracted ample private capital for its auto-insurance business, is targeting a valuation of as much as $6.34 billion in its pending IPO. The former startup follows insurtech leader Lemonade to the public markets during a year in which IPOs have been well-received by investors focused more […]Alex Wilhelm
- Egnyte introduces new features to help deal with security/governance during pandemic October 20, 2020The pandemic has put stress on companies dealing with a workforce that is mostly — and sometimes suddenly — working from home. That has led to rising needs for security and governance tooling, something that Egnyte is looking to meet with new features aimed at helping companies cope with file management during the pandemic. Egnyte […]Ron Miller
- Amazon launches a program to pay consumers for their data on non-Amazon purchases October 20, 2020Amazon has launched a new program that directly pays consumers for information about what they’re purchasing outside of Amazon.com and for responding to short surveys. The program, Amazon Shopper Panel, asks users to send in 10 receipts per month for any purchases made at non-Amazon retailers, including grocery stores, department stores, drug stores and entertainment […]Sarah Perez
- French TV networks team up to launch streaming service Salto October 20, 2020There’s a new streaming service in France called Salto. The companies behind the new service have been around for a while though. Salto is a joint initiative between TF1, France Télévisions and M6 — three major TV networks. Those companies already had their own apps with live TV and ad-supported catch-up content. And of course, […]Romain Dillet
- Investors appear to shrug at antitrust lawsuit aimed at Google October 20, 2020Investors do not seem concerned that the Department of Justice filed an antitrust suit against Google earlier today. The suit, seen by some as a stunt near the election, is one of a multi-part push to change the face of the technology industry, which has seen its wealth and power expand in recent years. For […]Alex Wilhelm
- Windows 10: A cheat sheet October 20, 2020This comprehensive guide covers must-know Windows 10 details including features, system requirements, upgrade options, and Microsoft's Windows-as-a-service strategy.
- Holiday gift guides for techies, remote workers, and everyone else on your list October 20, 2020Finding the perfect tech gifts can be a challenge--let us help you. These holiday gift ideas for techies and non-techies will make your shopping much easier.
- How to use the Dictate feature instead of typing in Microsoft Word October 20, 2020Whether you're a bad typist or have a hurt thumb, you can still interact with Microsoft Word using its new Dictate feature.
- Best tech gifts for coworkers in 2020 October 20, 2020Check out these holiday gifts even the pickiest coworker will enjoy.
- How to install the RavenDB NoSQL database on Ubuntu 20.04 October 20, 2020If you're looking to deploy a powerful NoSQL database on Linux, let Jack Wallen walk you through the process of installing RavenDB.
- Best mobility gifts in 2020 October 20, 2020If you're at a loss for what to buy your on-the-go friend or loved one, start with this handy list and let your imagination be inspired.
- 4 key moves CIOs can use to accelerate digital business according to Gartner October 20, 2020Gartner outlines how CIOs can move their companies ahead next year and gain long-term agility.
- Survey: Fourth graders more tech-savvy than their parents on average October 20, 2020In the digital age, technology moves fast. Amid recurring updates and latest iterations, it can be easy to fall behind. A new survey details generational gaps in technology use.
- How to migrate away from Office 2010 as Microsoft cuts off support October 20, 2020Microsoft no longer provides support or bug fixes for Office 2010. What should you do if you're stuck on the ten-year-old version of Office?
- Remote working: Why we feel more burned out now than we did in the office October 20, 2020Feeling burnt out? It's not just you - more than two-thirds of professionals are currently struggling with continued remote working, according to a survey from Blind.
- How to create a Windows Virtual Desktop in Microsoft Azure October 20, 2020Creating a Windows Virtual Desktop using the Azure Portal requires a number of steps, some of which are less than intuitive. This tutorial shows you how to navigate the various configuration screens.
- Google can now show you how and where to vote October 20, 2020Searching at Google on such phrases as "early voting locations" or "ballot drop boxes near me" can help you learn where to go to vote.
- Great holiday tech gifts for under $100 October 20, 2020Here's a look at some of the best tech-related gifts available now for less than $100, often the budget for close coworkers and good friends.
- Top cloud trends for 2021: Forrester predicts spike in cloud-native tech, public cloud, and more October 20, 2020Businesses' reactions to the pandemic response has leaned heavily on the cloud, and demand and revenue escalated for AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and Alibaba, and are expected to grow more in 2021.
- Homebrew: How to install reconnaissance tools on macOS October 20, 2020We'll guide you through the process of using Homebrew package manager to install security tools on macOS to perform reconnaissance, discovery, and fingerprinting of the devices on your network.
- Reliance Jio Details 5G Plans at Qualcomm Event, Promises Testing at Jio Scale October 20, 2020Reliance Jio has announced its 5G rollout alongside a 5G Android smartphone priced at under Rs. 5,000, which could be the lowest priced 5G smartphone you can buy. Jio, which started its public rollout in 2016 as the first 4G-only network in India, offering voice and data over the same LTE connection, has now moved […]
- The Mandalorian and Baby Yoda Return in Season 2 Special Look October 20, 2020A new trailer for The Mandalorian Season 2 has been released just days before the intergalactic Stars Wars adventure returns to Disney+ Hotstar. It gives us another peek into how the story will unfold in its second season now that the Mando’s priorities have been turned on its head.
- Adobe Updates Illustrator, Fresco, Photoshop, and Other Apps to Enhance Creativity Among Individuals October 20, 2020Adobe Max 2020 has been kicked with an aim to bring “creativity for all”. The San Jose, California-headquartered company has introduced new products including Illustrator for iPad and Fresco for iPhone to expand its reach and enhance creativity among mobile users. Adobe has also previewed a prototype of a content attribution tool under the Content […]
- TicWatch Pro 3 GPS Smartwatch With Snapdragon Wear 4100 SoC Launched in India October 20, 2020TicWatch Pro 3 GPS by Beijing-based Mobvoi has been launched in India. The new smartwatch is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 4100 SoC and is based on Google’s Wear OS. The TicWatch Pro 3 GPS also supports heart rate monitoring and blood oxygen level tracking.
- OnePlus 9 Series Smartphone Codenamed ‘Lemonade’ Tipped to Be in the Works October 20, 2020A photo of the upcoming OnePlus 9 series has been leaked online. A tipster shared a photo of the upcoming OnePlus smartphone’s side views, with the word ‘Lemonade’ written in the background in yellow. Recently, another report about OnePlus’s codename for the smartphone had surfaced.
- Motorola Phone With Model Number XT2091 Gets Listed on Multiple Certification Websites; Expected to Launch Soon October 20, 2020Motorola smartphone with model number XT2091 has been spotted in multiple listings and certifications, suggesting that the phone will be launched soon. It is said to pack a 6,000mAh battery that supports 20W fast charging.
- Nokia Essential Wireless Headphones With 40mm Drivers, Up to 40 Hours Battery Life Launched October 20, 2020Nokia Essential Wireless Headphones have been launched with an over-ear design and 40mm dynamic drivers. The headphones also include an inbuilt battery that is rated to deliver up to 40 hours of audio playback on a single charge.
- PlayStation 5 Will Use Game Data to Improve Fan Performance Over Time: Report October 20, 2020PlayStation 5’s internal hardware was recently shown off in an official teardown video revealing a large fan to keep the console cool. Now, Sony’s mechanical design chief working on the PlayStation 5, Yasuhiro Ootori, has reportedly shared that the software that powers the fan will improve over time.
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Series Getting New Software Update With Camera Improvements: Reports October 20, 2020Samsung Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20+, and Galaxy S20 Ultra have started receiving a new software update, according to reports. The latest update comes along with a changelog that highlights camera improvements. It notably comes as the fourth in a series of updates after the Galaxy S20 models received three improvement-focussed updates in the last one […]
- Sony 55X9000H 4K HDR LED Android TV Review October 20, 2020Sony’s premium 4K LED TV range gets a big boost with the X90H series, which is available in sizes of 55 and 65 inches. Today, we’re reviewing the 55X9000H, which is priced at Rs. 1,29,900 in India and features Dolby Vision as well as Dolby Atmos.
- Realme 7 Pro Receiving October 2020 Update in India With Camera Optimisations October 20, 2020Realme 7 Pro has started receiving the October 2020 over-the-air (OTA) update. It brings October 2020 Android security patch to the phone along with optimisations to the camera and fixes issues related to charging and fingerprint unlocking. The update will have a staged rollout.
- Microsoft's Xbox App on iOS Brings Remote Play Functionality to iPhones and iPads October 20, 2020Microsoft’s Xbox app on iOS now supports streaming Xbox One games on iPhone and iPad. The new feature allows you to remotely play a game running on your Xbox One on you iPhone or iPad. The updated app brings several other changes and improvements as well.
Galaxy S20 Ultra
Best 10 Health Fitness Bands 2020 If your 2020 goal is to get fit, a fitness bands will help you achieve your objective. After reviewing more than 100 fitness bands, there’s only one tracker for the budget and needs of everyone. Some are purely fitness bands, while others synchronize with