- John Borthwick & Matt Hartman of betaworks discuss coronavirus adaptation strategies March 27, 2020Yesterday, I had the pleasure of hopping on Zoom with betaworks’ John Borthwick and Matt Hartman to discuss the tech world’s adaptation to this new locked-down world, the future of new media and answer questions from the audience. We discussed whether new media companies can raise capital right now, and touched on emerging trends around […]Jordan Crook
- Rocket startup Skyrora shifts production to hand sanitizer and face masks for coronavirus response March 27, 2020One of the newer companies attempting to join the rarified group of private space launch startups actually flying payloads to orbit has redirected its entire UK-based manufacturing capacity towards COVID-19 response. Skyrora, which is based in Edinburgh, Scotland, is answering the call of the UK government and the NHS to manufacturers to do what they […]Darrell Etherington
- Duke University uses vaporized hydrogen peroxide to clean N95 face masks for reuse March 27, 2020With shortages of N95 face masks persisting nationwide, healthcare facilities are scrambling to find ways to clean and treat the masks for reuse to protect doctors and nurses most at risk of exposure to COVID-19. Duke University thinks it has found a solution using vaporized hydrogen peroxide to decontaminate the masks. The process uses specialized […]Jonathan Shieber
- Attract, engage and retain employees in the new remote-work era March 27, 2020Having the right technology in place to sustain work-from-home practices is more important now than ever before.Walter Thompson
- Trump orders GM to start ventilator production for COVID-19 amid contract dispute March 27, 2020President Donald Trump signed Friday a presidential directive ordering GM to produce ventilators and to prioritize federal contracts, just hours after the automaker announced plans to manufacture the critical medical equipment needed for patients suffering from COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus. The order, made under the Defense Production Act, marks a sudden reversal […]Kirsten Korosec
- We’ve come full rectangle: Polaroid is reborn out of The Impossible Project March 27, 2020More than a decade after announcing that it would keep Polaroid's abandoned instant film alive, The Impossible Project has done the... improbable: It has officially become the brand it set out to save. And to commemorate the occasion there's a new camera, the Polaroid Now.Devin Coldewey
- Attorney Sophie Alcorn answers readers’ immigration questions March 27, 2020We had a great time hosting noted immigration attorney Sophie Alcorn on a live conference call with Extra Crunch members earlier this week. Sophie writes our “Dear Sophie” column, where she answers questions about immigration status, particularly for founders and others in the tech ecosystem who want to work in the United States. Dear Sophie: […]Natasha Mascarenhas
- The FDA just okayed multiple 15-minute blood tests to screen for coronavirus, but there are caveats March 27, 2020On Thursday, the FDA amended their emergency policy around diagnostic testing for SARS-CoV-2, the novel coronavirus that causes COVID-19. Following on a change made March 16, the agency opened the door for a number of specific private entities and labs to develop and distribute tests that can provide results on the spot in as little […]Darrell Etherington
- Pandemic could shift tech support industry to telecommuting March 27, 2020Support get complicated as employees work from home. COVID-19 is disrupting traditional support organizations, leading to explosive growth in remote IT work.
- 5 best Google Chrome plugins for business March 27, 2020These Chrome extensions, which include Zoom for GSuite and DocuSign, help stay workers organized, secure, and productive.
- How Tableau is making real-time COVID-19 data accessible to everyone March 27, 2020Tableau worked with John Hopkins data to help everyone get crucial information to fight the novel coronavirus. Mapbox, Path, Snowflake, DataBlick and Starschema have been helping Tableau with the project.
- Telemedicine is changing the way we see doctors March 27, 2020Three TechRepublic reporters discuss the way the coronavirus has changed the way we do healthcare and mental healthcare.
- Apple partners with CDC to release new COVID-19 screening tool and app for coronavirus March 27, 2020The new screening tools are available online and in the App Store and provide a questionnaire to see if coronavirus symptoms warrant treatment and testing.
- Cybercriminals attack KEEN shoe drive for people affected by coronavirus pandemic March 27, 2020KEEN is providing shoes to people most impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, but their website was bombarded by malicious bots.
- Cloud platforms and AI are turning the supply chain from a cost center to a competitive advantage March 27, 2020SaaS is helping manufacturers and trucking companies save money and boost efficiencies by making the supply chain easier to manage and more transparent.
- Find a new job with these free career resource guides March 27, 2020Get tech career advice by reading the interview tips, IT salaries research, and job search apps and sites resources in these TechRepublic downloads.
- Verizon's Response Team mobilizing in several sectors to ramp up communication during pandemic March 27, 2020Telecom provider is helping hospitals, government, and schools across the country stay connected during the coronavirus crisis.
- How to enable 2FA for groups in Nextcloud March 27, 2020Nextcloud allows you to enforce groups to use two-factor authentication. Let's find out how to create a group and then add them to 2FA enforcement.
- 6 productivity tips for staying on schedule when working from home March 27, 2020Remote work is the new reality in the age of COVID-19. Productivity experts offer advice on staying focused in meetings and eliminating distractions while you're working from home.
- Why Microsoft's Office 365 has become an all-access pass for phishers to exploit March 27, 2020Cybercriminals are tapping into the widespread use of Office 365 to spread malware in an attempt to steal account credentials, according to email security provider Vade Secure.
- The best programming languages to learn in 2020 March 27, 2020These are the best programming languages to learn to land a great developer job and to earn more money. Also, find out developers' favorite tools, free resources for coders, GitHub guides, and more.
- Coronavirus: What business pros need to know March 27, 2020The coronavirus is spurring questions and concerns in the tech industry. Get tips on telecommuting, interviewing and hiring, travel, and cybersecurity, as well as the latest news about COVID-19.
- Apple Said to Be Testing AR/ VR Headset With HTC Vive-Like Controller March 27, 2020Apple is reportedly planning to release a combination AR/VR headset with a very similar design as the controller for the HTC Vive headset that was released in 2016.
- Redmi Note 8 MIUI 11.0.4 Update With March Security Patch, More Now Rolling Out: User Reports March 27, 2020Xiaomi is reportedly rolling out a new MIUI 11.0.4 update for the Redmi Note 8, which brings the March security patch and increased system stability.
- Amazon’s Alexa Can Now Provide Basic COVID-19 Diagnosis for Users in the US March 27, 2020Amazon Alexa users in the US can now get basic COVID-19 diagnosis from the Amazon virtual assistant, the company has announced in a blog post.
- Realme X Update Brings Screenlight Effect, March 2020 Security Patch, Bug Fixes March 27, 2020The Realme X update with build version RMX1901EX_11.C.02 comes with Android March 2020 security patch also brings new features such as game audio optimisation along with other bug fixes.
- Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Variant In The Works, Leaked Images Suggest March 27, 2020Samsung launched the Samsung Galaxy A51 in India in January this year. According to online reports, the company now seems to be working on a 5G variant of the Galaxy A51. A report has leaked image of what is rumoured to be a 5G variant of the Samsung Galaxy A51.
- No Gym, No Equipment, Doesn’t Mean No Workout, Thanks to These Android and iOS Apps March 27, 2020Whether it is exercise for your body or for your mind, we've got you covered.
- Honor 30S Will Come With 40W Fast Charging Support, Company Confirms March 27, 2020Honor 30S which is the upcoming smartphone by Huawei sub-brand will support 40W wired fast charging option. The news was confirmed by Honor on Friday Weibo.
- Google Pixel Buds 2 Surface on US FCC Site, Likely to Go on Sale Soon March 27, 2020Google Pixel Buds 2 that were launched in October last year and are due to go on sale have now appeared on the US FCC site. There are two separate listings suggesting the debut of the new wireless earbuds.
- Realme 6 Pro vs Redmi Note 9 Pro: Which Phone Offers the Best Value? March 27, 2020With both phones being powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G, does the Realme 6 Pro or Redmi Note 9 Pro offer better value? We compare their cameras, software, and general performance to see which is the better buy.
- Huawei Voice Assistant Activating Command ‘Hey Celia’ Is Activating Siri on Apple Devices: Reports March 27, 2020Huawei P40 series comes with the company voice assistant called Celia and when trying to activate the assistant by saying ‘Hey Celia’, activates Siri on Apple devices.
- Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 ECG Functionality Release Delayed: Report March 27, 2020The in-charge of operation at Samsung Health Service has announced on the community forums that the company needs more time to release a stable version of the ECG functionality for the Galaxy Watch Active 2.
- Google Duo Gets Support for Up to 12 Participants in a Single Group Call March 27, 2020Google Duo now supports up to 12-people group calling without having to update the app. Initially, it only supported four people, a number that was then increased to eight.
Galaxy S20 Ultra
5 Best SEO plugin for WordPress Free 2020 What is SEO ? SEO stands for Search Engine Optimisation it’s simple meaning to enhance the search of any particular content in any search engine. It is a quite vast topic and attractive too. There are too much available material across the