- India’s Reliance Jio Platforms to sell $1.2 billion stake to Mubadala June 5, 2020Abu Dhabi-based sovereign firm Mubadala has become the latest investor in Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Jio Platforms, joining five American firms including Facebook and Silver Lake that have secured stakes in India’s biggest telecom operator at the height of a once-in-a-century global pandemic. Mubadala said it had agreed to invest $1.2 billion in Reliance Jio Platforms […]Manish Singh
- Here’s what is driving GM’s reported plans to develop a commercial electric van June 5, 2020GM’s electric offensive to bring at least 20 new EVs to market by 2023 reportedly includes a commercial van. Reuters reported Thursday that the company is developing an electric van for the commercial market code named BV1. The vehicle is expected to start production in late 2021 and will use the Ultium battery system that […]Kirsten Korosec
- Ethena raises $2 million in seed funding for smarter anti-harassment software June 4, 2020Corporate harassment training is often defined by mandatory annual workshops, stock photo-ridden curricula and, often, outdated scenarios. Harvard graduates Roxanne Petraeus and Anne Solmssen think there’s a business in doing better than that. The duo co-founded Ethena, a software-as-a-service startup that sells anti-harassment training software that is more comprehensive and flexible than the status quo. […]Natasha Mascarenhas
- FTC fines kids’ app developer HyperBeard $150K for use of third-party ad trackers June 4, 2020The U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) today announced a settlement of $150,000 with HyperBeard, the developer of a collection of children’s mobile games over violations of U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Rule (COPPA Rule). The company’s applications had been downloaded more than 50 million times on a worldwide basis to date, according to data […]Sarah Perez
- OTTO Motors raises $29M to fill factories with autonomous delivery robots June 4, 2020When Clearpath Robotics CEO and co-founder Matthew Rendall looks at the “miles” of roads inside industrial factories, he sees them filled with autonomous vehicles. And in the past five years, the company has inched toward that goal through its industrial division OTTO Motors. The division, which launched in 2015, has landed a number of customer […]Kirsten Korosec
- Mercato Partners just launched Savory, a $90 million fund focused on fueling fast-casual restaurant concepts June 4, 2020Mercato Partners, a 13-year-old, Salt Lake City, Utah-based investment firm that oversees a growth fund, a secondary investment fund and a venture fund, has launched yet another fund — this one a $90 million vehicle that the firm says will be used to invest in restaurant concepts that are gaining traction. Its timing is interesting, […]Connie Loizos
- Signal now has built-in face blurring for photos June 4, 2020Apps like Signal are proving invaluable in these days of unrest, and anything we can do to simplify and secure the way we share sensitive information is welcome. To that end Signal has added the ability to blur faces in photos sent via the app, making it easy to protect someone’s identity without leaving any […]Devin Coldewey
- Slack drops 10%+ after its revenue growth, guidance fail to impress June 4, 2020Today Slack reported its earnings results for the three months ending April 30, 2020, the first quarter of its fiscal 2021. The well-known SaaS chat service posted revenue of $201.7 million, up 50% compared to its year-ago period. Slack also reported an adjusted per-share loss of $0.02, and per-share losses of $0.13 when counting all […]Alex Wilhelm
- Only 13% of the 2.7 billion deskless workers worldwide have paid sick time June 4, 2020Limited benefits, inflexible schedules, and exposure to the coronavirus are concerns for those working in industries such as agriculture, hospitality, healthcare, retail, and education.
- How to use Excel's PivotTable tool to turn data into meaningful information June 4, 2020A pivot table in Microsoft Excel reorganizes data quickly into a meaningful report, and it's easy to use!
- Permanent remote work may also mean a pay cut June 4, 2020Studies show that many employees would be amenable to a cost-of-living adjustment and that the benefits may offset the decrease.
- Las Vegas is hardest hit city in US unemployment due to COVID-19 June 4, 2020US cities best served by tourism are among those most affected by the pandemic, with the largest increase in unemployment, according to WalletHub.
- IBM AI Fairness 360 open source toolkit adds new functionalities June 4, 2020The new version expands capabilities of its discrimination and bias protection, bringing the tool to R users and scikit-learn.
- Kettering University announces online data science master's program June 4, 2020Data scientist positions are in high demand at the moment. The online class is ideal for working professionals looking to further their education in this booming industry.
- Tips for preparing for a nationwide talent pool and national hiring competition June 4, 2020COVID-19 has made remote working the norm for many positions. Here's how to prepare for sourcing talent nationally.
- Demand for drone deliveries reaches new heights during COVID-19 June 4, 2020Drone deliveries are no longer a thing of the future as demand surges for the unmanned aerial vehicles.
- Why robotics developers need an upgrade June 4, 2020Commentary: For robotics developers who have grown up with ROS 1, it's time to upgrade to ROS 2. Here's why.
- Unauthorized drone detection is getting easier with software from BlackBerry June 4, 2020A new partnership with Dedrone has led to a platform that can instantly detect and notify security personnel of drones in sensitive airspace.
- What Lenovo's recent announcement means for Linux and the open source community June 4, 2020Lenovo is now tossing some serious support behind Linux. Read Jack Wallen's take on this announcement.
- Salary.com releases smart job description management tool for landing top talent June 4, 2020The Job Architect platform streamlines the process for creating, sharing, and approving employment listings, keeping posts up to date and accurate.
- New Java-based ransomware targets Windows and Linux servers June 4, 2020Aimed at SMBs, educational facilities, and software companies, the ransomware leverages Java to encrypt server-based files, according to BlackBerry and KPMG.
- How to encrypt an external drive or card in macOS June 4, 2020Looking to encrypt removable storage on macOS, but can't figure out how? Jack Wallen shows you the way to make this work.
- Unemployment during the "Great Lockdown" versus the "Great Recession" June 4, 2020A new report looks at the rates and the most impacted industries and draws comparisons between the coronavirus pandemic and the recession of 2008-09.
- Mi Notebook Branding Confirmed, Horizon Edition Teased Ahead of Launch June 5, 2020Mi laptop launch in India is set for June 11. But ahead of its official launch, Xiaomi has now confirmed that the upcoming laptop will indeed by called - Mi Notebook. A Mi Notebook Horizon Edition has also been teased online.
- Facebook Starts Labelling State-Controlled Media Posts, Will Block Ads June 5, 2020Facebook will start labelling Russian, Chinese, and other state-controlled media organisations, and later this summer will block any ads from such outlets that target US users, it said on Thursday.
- Sony WH-1000XM4 Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones Listed on Walmart Website June 5, 2020Sony hasn’t announced the WH-1000XM4 headphones yet, but a new listing on Walmart’s online store reveals some features, and suggests that the launch could be soon.
- Elon Musk Calls for Breakup of Amazon, Says 'Monopolies Are Wrong' June 5, 2020Telsa CEO Elon Musk on Thursday called for Amazon.com to be broken up, after an author complained on social media about being unable to self-publish a book via the world's largest online retailer.
- BSNL Extends Availability of Rs. 499 Bharat Fiber Plan With Up to 40Mbps Speeds June 5, 2020Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has extended the availability of its Rs. 499 broadband plan that offers up to 40Mbps speeds. The availability of the plan has extended in a few circles in India including Kolkata and Sikkim.
- Oppo A11k, Oppo A12, Oppo A52 to Launch in India Next Week: Report June 5, 2020Oppo is planning to launch three new smartphones, Oppo A12, Oppo A11k, and Oppo A52, in India "as early as next week," a report has indicated. While Oppo A12 and Oppo A52 were first launched in April this year, the Oppo A11k appears to be a new phone.
- Choked Review: Rocky Marriage, Rocky Netflix Movie June 5, 2020Choked Netflix review: Anurag Kashyap’s first feature-length film for Netflix is about a middle-class bank cashier (Saiyami Kher) who unexpectedly comes into a lot of cash, clueless to the fact that demonetisation is around the corner. Choked release time is 12:30pm on Netflix.
- OnePlus 8 Next Sale on June 8 at 12 Noon via Amazon, OnePlus Website: Price in India, Specifications June 5, 2020OnePlus 8 will next go on sale in India on June 8 at 12pm (noon) via Amazon and OnePlus website. The phone, along with the OnePlus 8 Pro, was supposed to go on sale on May 29 but that got postponed due to production difficulties.
- OnePlus May Disable Color Filter Camera By Default on OnePlus 8 Pro India Units June 5, 2020OnePlus 8 Pro has started receiving an OxygenOS 10.5.10 update that seems to disable the Color Filter camera specifically for India units. The new OnePlus phone is likely to go on sale in the country with disabled Color Filter camera.
- Twitter Refuses to Rule Out Suspending Trump's Account June 5, 2020A top Twitter executive on Thursday refused to rule out suspending Donald Trump's account if the US president continued posting incendiary messages such as those about the George Floyd protests.
- Lunar Eclipse 2020: How to Watch Chandra Grahan Live, India Time, More June 5, 2020Another lunar eclipse or Chandra Grahan is almost here, and it is the second of four this year. It will be visible from India, and several parts of the world. This eclipse will be a partial penumbral eclipse meaning the Moon will move through the faint, outer part of Earth's shadow called the penumbra.
- Jio Platforms Gets Rs. 9,093.60 Crore Investment From Abu Dhabi's Mubadala Sovereign Investor June 5, 2020Reliance Industries said on Friday that Abu Dhabi state fund Mubadala Investment Company will buy a 1.85 percent stake in its digital unit, Jio Platforms, for Rs. 9,093.60 crores.
Galaxy S20 Ultra
Best 10 Health Fitness Bands 2020 If your 2020 goal is to get fit, a fitness bands will help you achieve your objective. After reviewing more than 100 fitness bands, there’s only one tracker for the budget and needs of everyone. Some are purely fitness bands, while others synchronize with